Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Tour 1.6.06-1.7.06 (Vespa, Blitzflikin, and more)

Christmas, what? Now it’s ’06 and I can’t figure out where my blitzflikin (my new favorite expletive) holiday went….I mean one minute it’s holly and mistletoe and the next thing I know I’m running like crazy trying to figure out why all of my checks won’t clear…crap…’06 not ’05 dufus!....sorry about that, I‘ll write another one…
And really, why is a box of checks so expensive…shoot, you have to write a check and then go make a deposit just to buy more checks…there’s a philosophical conversation beneath that concept…I’ll spare us both of that…

Anyway, it was good to be back on the road again. Let me just say that the Chattanooga Starbucks happens to be across the hall from a high-class steak house…you should try the black angus blend…bold…(okay it was funny at 10:00 PM on 4 hours of sleep after getting up at 5:30 this morning, “lactic legs” day in the gym, co-writing a hit song, and then teaching guitar lessons non-stop for 5 hours…back off) (btw, I wish I could remember what Student X said today ‘cause man was it funny…)

I have always been leery of playing at a Starbucks, but my first Starbucks show was a winner. It was good to see a couple of the Grace Academy crew there and I even met one of my MySpace friends in person….bless you Tom…(inside MySpace joke…no, tom wasn’t at the show)

Oh yeah! I got new shoes Friday. This is monumental in two ways. First of all I have been wearing either my brother’s hand-me-downs or my 3 year old Chacos for the past few years (no my Chacos weren’t three years old a few years ago…quit being so blitzflikin critical)….anyway, having a new pair of shoes makes me want to run…at least for a minute…then I realize that there’s no point in doing something that Ethiopians are so much better at…oh, and the shoes…Addidas Sambas…no I don’t play soccer (at least not since the worst YMCA soccer team ever disbanded in 93) but I love the way they feel…

Which brings me to the second reason this is monumental…I have only played one show in shoes other than my sandals, and I accidentally hit the reverse button on my line 6…and…well…crash….so I was a little nervous about a show with new shoes but it was great….it was like I didn’t even have them on…which has inspired me to return them, get my $40 back, and go barefoot…(btw, you people really need to clean up after your blitzflikin dogs in the park).

Anyway, Sarah and I stayed with her parents Friday night (thanks! to the Peacock family). Honestly, weekend tours tend to be my getaway. I slept more Friday night than I have in a while. In fact, I got up for a bowl of cereal around 10 and then went back to bed…can’t you just hear the angels singing…

The show that evening ay Eddies Attic was awesome. The sound, lights, and atmosphere are all great. I hope to be back soon.

I guess I am the most proud of my time from Atlanta to Nashville…under 4 hours…amazing. We got delayed leaving due to a spontaneous Vespa ride. Now if you don’t know what a Vespa is, look it up online and then imagine Sarah and I riding one in January….ever seen dumb and dumber? Yeah.

So that’s about it for this update. Maybe next time I’ll have something worth saying…maybe…

1 Comments:

Blogger Allie Butler said...

nice to see you...briefly...at soujourn! have a good day :)

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home