Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Spring Tour update 3.28.06

Right now I’m sitting in a coffeehouse in Charleston, IL thinking to myself, “what am I doing….” I’ve been on the road since last Friday. For those who are wondering, I am on Spring Break. That’s right, when my guitar students are on spring break, I get to take a break, and so I am doing a tour through IN, IL, and IA (is that Iowa?). It’s been a trip.

I have a cooler in my car, with ice, milk, ham, and cheese. I have almost gone through a loaf of bread and a box of cereal, making ham sandwiches and cereal. I have slept in a down town loft from the 1800s (Evansville), an apartment (Bloomington), and a dorm on campus at Purdue. I’ve added one parking ticket to my College parking ticket collection, and I’m about to turn 1000 miles for this trip out.

I have driven through 2 snow storms, many miles of cornfields¬–some beautiful, some boring–and have cleared another 6 hours of audiobook (“History of the World”…I’m to the French Revolution). Honestly, sometimes it is hard. Sometimes I am not motivated, and yet I wouldn’t want to be doing anything else.

So there you go. That’s what’s going down in “Beau Town” (that must be in Wisconsin because it’s really cheesy…)

If you’re anywhere in my path, be sure to drop in and say hey!

1 Comments:

Blogger Anja said...

wow, so far i've sent you and email, commented and become friends with you on myspace, become a part of the "street team", and got a blogger so i could comment on your blogs. If i am freaking you out tell me, but i promise i'm not obsessed with you, and to me it seems that way, haha. well i guess that's it. hope you're having a great day!
_cat

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home